Ultrasound Reveal Party: Boy or Girl? (Check out all the fun party details!)

Photobucket
i will use any excuse to throw a party and have friends over..
why not have a party to let everyone know what you are having!?
Our Gender Reveal Party was a blast to plan..it was soo fun!
everyone kept saying how it was such a great way to make the pregnancy fun.
We built up the suspense by eating dinner first and making everyone wait for dessert to find out!
We hid jelly beans in the cupcakes with the color of the baby!
 (fyi don’t put in jelly beans while baking..color melts off. haha. i ended up pushing them in the top and putting on some yummy frosting. problem solved. :)
Photobucket
**cooking two pans of enchiladas was easier than i imagined…except during the chaos i grabbed with my bare hand a handle from the pan of roasted corn i just pulled out of the oven… lets just say i had to cook the rest of the day with my right hand only. not so fun. (hand status: hurts but not blistering too bad! just a little… how fun.)**
Menu
Pioneer Woman’s White Chicken Enchiladas/Cheese Enchiladas (click for recipe)
Roasted corn, Black Bean & Tomato Salad
Pineapple and Strawberries
Salad with variety of dressings
Chips
Salsa, Guacamole & Sour Cream
Dessert: Devil’s Food Chocolate Cupcakes with vanilla frosting
Chocolate Cake with Pecans (brought by our Pastor..who thought he was hilarious with the wording on it. hehe.)
and for those who gave up sweets……honey bran muffins. :)
Drinks: Strawberry Lemon Fizz, Soda’s, Sweet Tea

Photobucket
*the guests chose a blue or pink pin to show their vote!
majority chose blue at the party! i made a bit of a mess while cutting out my paper dolls…hehe. my belly seems to be collecting more and more these days. ;) The signs on the fireplace say “Make your Vote!” and “Boy or Girl?” I also made up and printed out cupcake toppers using mailing labels i had around..just cut them down to size. they said “boy or girl?” i also had some clear label sheets and printed out some of the same graphic and put them on the paper doll cut outs! use what ya got right?? hehe.**

Photobucket
**i found these martha stewart felt sticks on sale for like two bucks at Michael’s.. stuck them to clothespins and done! i strung them up across the fireplace and all the guests went there first to choose one!
i wanted to mark some of the menu items so i made up and printed out some tags..grabbed some fake limes from my kitchen and put them together with toothpick! (the oranges and limes in my kitchen are fake because i wanted constant color in my baskets but i kill fruit easily. ps that basket was like 5 bucks from a pottery barn outlet..it’s actually for plants outside.)**

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
We are having another baby girl and are sooo excited!!
Ben was proud that his guess was right. hehe. I thought for sure a boy because of how different this pregnancy has felt..(being sooo sick) but…i suppose this little girl is just gonna be a trouble maker from the start. ;)
 we are so in love!! how cute is she? hehe.
i told ben we are gonna save so much money because all of sophia’s baby clothes will work (both will be born in august) and ben said sure we’ll save money until it’s wedding time!! (she’s not even born and he’s already thinking about their weddings!! hehe. i love him.

hope you all had a wonderful weekend. i’ll be doing my usual monday’s day in the life: random mama moments on wednesday! :) if you are friends with me on facebook don’t post on my wall about this because ben wants to tell his youth group kids tonight in person!!

****Just added a Gender Reveal Party Package to my Etsy shop!
so if you want to throw a party like this i’ve already created the graphics for you…just print cut and assemble! celebrate!****
(i just created a custom package with pink and blue colors and will be adding that to my shop soon!..let me know what colors you would want and we can make that happen!)

35 Comments on Ultrasound Reveal Party: Boy or Girl? (Check out all the fun party details!)

1. Stephanie
    March 23, 2010 at 2:00 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my goodness, you did all that?!!! My hero! That is such a fun idea! I love all of your ideas – you are so clever! Yay for another girl!! Girls are so much fun :)

2. Candace
    March 23, 2010 at 2:56 pm (5 years ago)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I love the party decorations, food, and from the pictures – I’m loving your living room!

3. jenn
    March 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm (5 years ago)

yay…for baby girls :o)

well, you’ve accomplished something i never have…have baby girls; it’s all boys here :o)

you are so creative!!!

4. Anna Liesemeyer
    March 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm (5 years ago)

I was dreaming about having one of these for my next one. sooo fun and creative natalie!
    AND CONGRATS!!! a best friend for Sophia!! yay!!
    xoxo

5. carissa @ lowercase letters
    March 23, 2010 at 4:36 pm (5 years ago)

i want to come to a party at your house!!! simply gorgeous. everything (i mean every little thing!) looks amazing. you are a rockstar. congrats on another baby girl!!! your girls will be such sweet friends. how precious it will be! and cheers to saving moolah (for now). so excited for you!!! the cupcake/jelly bean idea is the bomb. yep. i just said it… “the bomb.”

6. Jocelyn
    March 23, 2010 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

Ok, your party looks fabulous!!!! I love all the details that you did! And such a fun way to tell what you are having:-) Girls are so much fun!!!

7. Hattie
    March 23, 2010 at 5:42 pm (5 years ago)

Awwwww, yay another little girl!! I loved all your decorations, so cute. You also did a great job on all that food!!! Yum!

8. Beth
    March 23, 2010 at 6:11 pm (5 years ago)

What a fun way to celebrate!!! Congrats! Your party looked fantastic :).

9. Beth Priest
    March 23, 2010 at 7:31 pm (5 years ago)

so fabulous! everything looked amazing! you are such the martha stewart! congrats on your sweet little girl! I love having sisters! love it! and both mine were born in may! I don’t know what feedburner is!?!

10. Kelli @ RTSM
    March 23, 2010 at 8:46 pm (5 years ago)

That is seriously one of the cutest parties I have ever seen! I wish I would have thought of that when I was pregnant:) I lvoe the cupcakes with the hidden jellybean!

11. Slumber Designs
    March 23, 2010 at 9:35 pm (5 years ago)

Awww… a girl, CONGRATULATIONS!! The party looks so much fun and the decorations are awesome!

12. Chelsea Talks Smack
    March 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm (5 years ago)

WOW, what an awesome spread and looks like a fantastic party!

13. Tawny
    March 23, 2010 at 11:30 pm (5 years ago)

What an adorable set up and party! What a CUTE idea!
    Congrats on your baby girl!!!

14. julie
    March 24, 2010 at 8:26 am (5 years ago)

Congrats! How exciting! I LOVE your party idea! Everything looked absolutely fabulous! What a way to celebrate with friends! I want to know what’s in the strawberry drink!

15. PaperCourt
    March 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm (5 years ago)

I love your blog. So glad I found you!!

16. Jesse
    March 27, 2010 at 11:45 pm (5 years ago)

Congrats to you girl! That is so exciting!

17. alli/hooray
    March 30, 2010 at 3:12 pm (5 years ago)

This party is SO cute! Love all the food + decorations you made, what a fun way to announce it to everyone. Congrats!

18. Bethany
    March 31, 2010 at 8:51 am (5 years ago)

Oh my, Congratulations on having another baby girl! They sure are blessings.
    I love your party idea! Whenever I have another one, I definitely want to do a gender party. Its such a wonderful idea!

19. Entertain Exchange
    April 1, 2010 at 5:45 pm (5 years ago)

What a wonderful party. I love the clothespin idea…really cute.
    Thanks for linking it to my party.
    Susan

20. Tracey @ My House of Giggles
    April 15, 2010 at 6:31 pm (5 years ago)

Natalie…this party rocks!!! Seriously. You did an amazing job! I love every little detail! :)

Thanks so much for linking up at my Tuesday Talent Show~!

Hope you’re feeling well and that little pumpkin in there is treating you nice;)

21. beth kruse custom creations
    April 22, 2010 at 10:35 pm (5 years ago)

i love your idea for the boy/girl guesses. i like having guests guess but hated their messy handwriting on my chart! wish i had thought of this!

22. Fawnda
    April 23, 2010 at 12:27 am (5 years ago)

This is too cute! What a fun way to tell your friends and family! : )

23. Lara Harris
    April 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm (5 years ago)

How fun! God bless you and your little baby girl! :)

24. Stephanie Lynn
    April 25, 2010 at 12:26 pm (5 years ago)

Congratulations! What a fabulous party! I just adore parties and love all the details of this shower. Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I love your reveal – What a great idea for a party! Congratulations!

25. the momma
    April 25, 2010 at 10:53 pm (5 years ago)

Such a cute idea! Congrats on your baby girl–girls are so much fun! :0)

26. Kate @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
    April 26, 2010 at 5:24 pm (5 years ago)

Awwww!!! What a super cute way to tell everyone the gender, love it! Looked like it was a great party, the food pics are making me hungry! :)

Thanks for joining my Flaunt it Friday party. Please come back soon!

PS: I’m your newest follower. :)

27. Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something
    April 26, 2010 at 6:56 pm (5 years ago)

What a delightful party! Congratulations! I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same! until later…

28. Stephanie Lynn
    April 27, 2010 at 10:09 am (5 years ago)

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! This is one fabulous party – I love all the deatils in the decorations! Congratulations!! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

29. michelle@somedaycrafts
    April 28, 2010 at 9:31 pm (5 years ago)

That looks like one of funnest parties I have ever seen. I want to have one. I Guess I will have to have another baby! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my “featured” button.

30. Room to Inspire
    April 29, 2010 at 12:25 am (5 years ago)

It looks like such a fun party! What a great shower idea – love it. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

Chelsea

31. Laura@Cowboy Boots
    August 17, 2010 at 10:42 am (4 years ago)

ok i’m a few months behind but congrats on the girl!!!

your decorations/dinner menu/and all the above was sooo creative and adorable. Not to mention looks yummy! i’m heading to try Dee’s recipe now thanks to you! (if you haven’t tried her strawberry shortcake cake you must)

32. Five Foot Mama
    May 16, 2011 at 8:39 am (4 years ago)

I know I’m commenting an a really old post, but the title caught my eye. What a fantastic idea! I might need to do this next time around! We didn’t find out the gender of our son the first time around and thought FOR SURE it was a girl, so we had a big surprise! This makes me want to find out next time!

33. Kristin Traub
    August 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm (2 years ago)

You are so AMAZING. I hope some day i can do the things you do. I am so creative and love crafty stuff. But somehow i cant seem to figure out how to get away from the normal routine to get crafty. I love my kids and we do some things but i always wish i could do more. You have inspired me to be better with that and i thank you. You are a beautiful woman and have a beautiful family! You are truly blessed! With i lived closer, we would totally click lol. Where in Pa are you from? Thats where i grew up. Well thanks so much for your blog, im in love with it lol. Have a great day! **Kristin from Illinois**