DIY Tissue Pom Poms

We all love simple easy diy projects that add major impact to a party… here’s a great tutorial by martha stewart. you could use any color..go with any size.. and make a beautiful custom detail for your party!

How to Make the Pom-Poms

You’ll need tissue paper and 24-gauge white cloth-covered floral wire.

image found via goosie girl
source – marthastewartweddings.com..

Hanging Pom-Poms

1. Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inchwide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.

2. Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
3. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.
4. Tie a length of monofilament to floral wire for hanging.

Here’s some great examples of how to use this diy idea!
starting with my favorite one…
source

i also love these.. via thesweetestoccasion.com

BABY UPDATE:Well we’ve been in triage 2 times this week with false alarms. i AM progressing…so hopefully i’ll go sometime soon. The contractions are getting stronger and stronger. Sophia is such a sweetie though how she comes over when she see’s me hurting..kissing my belly and saying “all betta!!”
i’ll keep you posted!

17 Comments on DIY Tissue Pom Poms

1. Hattie
    August 6, 2010 at 11:56 pm (4 years ago)

Hope the baby comes soon! Contractions are the worst.

I just love the pom poms. I’ve been wanting to make some. Thanks for sharing!

2. FirstComesLove.Then
    August 10, 2010 at 11:57 am (4 years ago)

Sophia is such a sweetheart! I can’t imagine having such strong contractions for so long:( You poor thing. I had intense contractions, but I was only in labor for 7 hours. Will be praying for you!!! Lets go baby!

3. dining room table
    October 17, 2010 at 10:38 pm (4 years ago)

That is really nice! I would love to use pom poms for decorating such occasions.

4. Daily Craft
    August 1, 2011 at 10:09 am (3 years ago)

Great project! I just wanted to let you know that we featured this project on our Facebook page with over 17,000 fans. We’d love it if you’d use our Featured Blogger button, available at: http://www.dailycraft.com/thank-you-for-crafting/. Our audience loved the project and we look forward to sharing more from you. Please let us know if you have any questions or projects you’d love us to feature! Thanks!

5. Tiffany0814
    September 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm (3 years ago)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6. Giu
    December 10, 2011 at 2:01 pm (3 years ago)

So awesome!!! Will definately use this for future house parties or bdays :))) <333

March 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm (2 years ago)

Does this make a full pom pom or only one side?
    Also if u want smaller pom poms do u just cut the tissue paper in 1/2 or 1/4s?

Thanks for the tips!

8. Liberty Silvagni
    January 16, 2013 at 2:25 am (2 years ago)

This design would be entirely helpful for the babyshower we are planning for our friend!

9. Tara @ Movie Bites
    February 27, 2013 at 8:30 pm (1 year ago)

I did this for my daughter’s 8′th birthday party is shades of green. She absolutely loved them and they’ve been hanging above her bed ever since. Thanks for sharing the instructions!

10. Pattie Haun
    March 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm (1 year ago)

A one real useful piece of home or body ornament. I could probably use this one to customize and design some of my school stuff just to make it look more fun.

11. Shanta Pounce
    May 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm (1 year ago)

Wow! What a bright idea you got! Just in time for me to design my little Shontelle’s 5th party. I think the design you’ve provided will be of big help to me upon preparing for my daughter’s incoming birthday party. And I was really freaking out cause I’m just so confused on what to put on top first and whatsoever stuff.

12. Michelle
    May 8, 2013 at 3:09 am (1 year ago)

I love how you explain this so simply! We made some tissue paper pom poms for a baby shower I hosted for a dear friend. They turned out cute!
    pink tissue paper pom poms

• Heather Rose
      September 10, 2013 at 5:49 am (12 months ago)

Fantastic post. I loved those wedding pics. Nice quality. nowadays the usage of paper pom poms is increasing day by day.

13. Think Bowtique
    October 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm (10 months ago)

Love the paper pom poms, Lood great hanging from the tree. I am sure we use to make these when we were kids, had forgotten how.