VLOG- Step by Step Tutorial: How I Edit my Phone Photos

I love my phone and snapping photos with it!
It only takes a few steps with my favorite photo editing apps to tweak
them and make them photos I want to print, frame and enjoy!

I’ve shared my favorite photo apps before, But I thought
it would be helpful if I did a step by step video tutorial on how I
like to use each app to edit my photos!

Favorite Apps- Snapseed and Afterlight.
If I want to add text- A Beautiful Mess.
If I want to make a grouping of photos- PicFrame

I have a dslr camera and love it…
but sometimes, with life so busy, it’s easier to snap some
shots with my phone for blog posts and then edit them on my phone.
With some simple edits they look great!

Sometimes the photos don’t need much editing…
while others need a few more steps to make them just right.
Try out the apps and mess around with the different
options to find your favorite edits!
My video tutorial below, will share a few of my favorite
features in Snapseed and Afterlight!

photo (1)

Hope these tips are helpful for you. If you don’t have time to
watch the video now.. PIN IT and watch it later! :)
You’ll be happy to have these tricks on hand to make your
phone photos bright, crisp and pretty!

Follow me on INSTAGRAM to
see more of my photos!

23 Comments on VLOG- Step by Step Tutorial: How I Edit my Phone Photos

1. Angelique
    October 21, 2013 at 10:07 pm (10 months ago)

I love this! Rock on… I was so shocked to hear that many of your photos come from your iPhone… I think I need to watch this 10 times over ;) Thanks friend!

2. Brooke Haas
    October 21, 2013 at 10:27 pm (10 months ago)

AHHHH THANK YOU!! Your pics always look so great, such a great tutorial, thanks so much!!

3. Christine Hutchinson
    October 22, 2013 at 9:04 am (10 months ago)

I had been waiting for this post! Thank you so much for sharing Natalie! I can’t wait to amp up my pics with your great tips!!

4. Andrea Bai @ Glam Hungry Mom
    October 22, 2013 at 12:42 pm (10 months ago)

These are the exact steps I take for my pictures :) Sometimes I’m too lazy to do it though ;)

5. Katie
    October 22, 2013 at 3:20 pm (10 months ago)

Thanks for the post! I just recently started my own blog whatsgreatwithkate.blogspot.com and really want to make my pictures look nicer since I cannot afford a fancy camera yet. I just downloaded these apps and i’m excited to start using them to edit my iphone pics! I am hoping to someday be as big as you in blog world! If you ever have any free time (doubtful with your 3 adorable kids), take a look and let me know what you think. I would really appreciate it.

You rock! Love your posts.

6. Kristin Sanders
    October 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm (10 months ago)

Thanks so much Natalie! This was super helpful!!

7. Sam M
    October 23, 2013 at 8:37 pm (10 months ago)

Thanks for the video! I already downloaded Snapseed and I think I’m going to love it!

8. jenn @ the modern locket
    October 23, 2013 at 10:54 pm (10 months ago)

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!! i’m just starting my blogging journey and have a dslr, but, ain’t nobody got time for that. sometimes. ;-) thank you!!

9. Paige @ Reasons to Come Home
    October 24, 2013 at 12:02 pm (10 months ago)

Thanks for sharing! I had no idea you could do all that different stuff in Snapseed.

10. Abby Lawson
    October 24, 2013 at 1:53 pm (10 months ago)

You are brilliant! Thanks so much, friend! I need to brush up on my iPhone picture skills! Hope you’re having a wonderful week!

~Abby =)

11. MrsH
    November 7, 2013 at 9:33 am (10 months ago)

Natalie, thank you so much for taking time to do this vlog! It wasn’t in our budget to do professional pictures this year. You just helped my Christmas card pictures go from OK to looking like they were done professionally!! Thank you again!

12. onthehilltop
    November 12, 2013 at 11:08 am (9 months ago)

Loved this! I already use afterlight, but I’m going to have to get snapseed immediately!

13. Laura Lenhausen
    November 13, 2013 at 9:22 pm (9 months ago)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips! I can’t wait to take tons of pics now :-)

14. move to hawaii with nothing
    May 6, 2014 at 4:21 pm (4 months ago)

Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

15. rollingrains.com
    May 7, 2014 at 5:01 am (4 months ago)

This design is incredible! You obviously know how to
    keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
    my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than
    that, how you presented it. Too cool!

16. Jen
    May 21, 2014 at 1:09 pm (3 months ago)

Love this. Thanks so much for the wonderful tips. Already use Afterlight but going to download Snapseed now.

17. Lauren @ Rustic Honey
    August 6, 2014 at 11:44 am (2 weeks ago)

This is awesome! I too, take tons of photos on my phone because of the convenience. They will look so much better now! Thanks for sharing!